You Need A Powerful Attorney
With Experience

"E Pluribus Unum"

Post-Conviction Options For Our Clients

There are a number of options available to you for getting the charge or sentence, including probation, reduced or dismissed after a conviction. Dismissal is only available to individuals who were not sentenced to state prison. Whether you have been convicted of a misdemeanor or a felony, contact Gregory Alonzo, an experienced San Jose criminal record expungement attorney to assist you with the record clearance process.

Clear Criminal Records In Santa Clara County

Clearing your criminal record can be a necessary tool in improving future employment opportunities among many other benefits. There are requirements and restrictions to any record clearance procedure, and as an experienced attorney I can evaluate your situation and guide you through the petition process.

Other options for clearing your record might be filing a “writ” to get the sentence reduced or to attempt to overturn a conviction entirely. A writ is asking the courts to review your case for any possible legal errors made in either the procedures used or application of the law at the trial court level. Such review requires the defense to show there was an error made or the constitutional rights of the defendant were infringed upon. As an experienced attorney, I can review every aspect of your case, including the original investigation and determine if there is a cause for a writ.

Immigration And Customs Enforcement (ICE) Deportation Issues

ICE places an extremely high priority on targeting illegal aliens with criminal records. There is a specific program that identifies and deports criminal aliens that have been incarcerated in federal, state and local prisons and jails. It may be possible to obtain a conviction that minimizes or eliminates the immigration effect, or to even reverse a previous conviction that is currently being used to deport you.

Contact the Law Office of Gregory M. Alonzo, located in San Jose, California, for a confidential no-obligation initial consultation with an experienced lawyer to review your case and determine if any remedies are available to clear your record.